Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baby Boy :o)

About two weeks ago my friend Katie and I decided we wanted to learn how to decorate sugar cookies with royal icing.  You know the ones.  Cute little cut out designs with perfect icing on top.  So far I have made pumpkins, and cupcakes for my niece's birthday.  My ballet teacher Donna, is expecting a baby boy in January so I wanted to put my new cookie-making skills to work and create a sweet treat for her.   These cookies are not difficult once you learn the basic technique, but they can be time consuming.  Since Ben and I decided we were allowed to be lazy on this Fall Saturday, I thought cookie-decorating would be a great way to spend the afternoon.

I use a really basic sugar cookie recipe that my family has used for as long as I can remember.  I like them because they aren't that sweet by themselves, so the royal icing compliments them nicely.


 Outline the cookies first, then "flood" them with thinned out icing.


 Ben demonstrating how to make use of a "Lazy Saturday"  :o)



I hope Donna likes her baby-onsie cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment